Why don't you accept my Medicare Part B? Customers often feel frustrated when we tell them we don't bill their Medicare for equipment. Here is a quick breakdown of why we don't.
1. Medicare doesn't even pay for most of the equipment we sell! This includes:
- Bathroom Safety Equipment
- Compression Stockings
- Quality Rollators (more on that later)
- Travel Scooters
- Adult Diapers and Incontinence Supplies
- Mobility Equipment Accessories
- Aids to to make daily living a bit easier
- Massaging devices
2. Medicare will only cover ONE piece of mobility equipment every FIVE years. This includes: canes, walkers, basic rollators, manual wheelchairs, mobility scooters, power wheelchairs and lift chairs.
3. If you have a prescription for a back brace, knee brace or drop-foot brace (AFO), we belong to a partner program where we may be able to bill your insurance for these devices. Our owner is a highly trained certified orthotic fitter and is able to determine the best brace for your needs and properly fit it to you.
4. We are very proud of the affordable yet high quality rollators (also known as rolling walkers) that we provide to our customers. They come with excellent braking systems, comfortable seats, a strong and stable frame, sturdy 8" wheels and the best manufacturer warranty. The rollator that Medicare will pay for is smaller and requires more repair and maintenance over its life.
5. We specialize in selling lift chairs! Medicare will cover 80% of the lift mechanism (which is about $300, so total coverage of around $240) under very specific qualifying conditions. This is a small portion of the cost of the lift chair. If you have documentation that you qualify for Medicare to help with your lift chair, we will offset that cost and convince you to buy it from us! Click here for more information!
None of this is to say that you shouldn't use your Medicare Part B when you can! If you qualify for Medicare to pay for the equipment that you need, then we will happily offer you a referral to an in-network provider and hope that you will come visit us the next time!